[opendtv] Re: opendtv] Re: Blue Ray has competition

  • From: "Alan Roberts" <roberts.mugswell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:41:39 +0100

Nothing like the legacy problems that DF timecode leaves the exNTSC world
with though :-)

PAL is still used for analogue transmission across all of Europe, Africa,
Australasia, China.....

Simply moving to component, even via DV, removes all the cross problems. But
the exNTSC people will have to live with drop-frame timecode until they all
see sense and go to 60Hz.