[opendtv] Re: Truthiness in DTV

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:06:36 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

Your premise -- and viewpoint -- are skewed.  Could you list all the exampl=
es of untruthfulness in DTV? Methinks if you were honest, most of them woul=
d lead back to you.

Like many people on this list, I know and admire S. Merrill Weiss.  Funny y=
ou would cite this item, since it doesn't talk about modulation.  Oh, I get=
 it, "outside the box" means jumping into your boxes.

You apparently want broadcasters to think "outside the box" by buying boxes=
.  Some will, but I think the USDTV flag isn't flying all that well, and th=
at the future they are working towards leads to NO TERRESTRIAL HDTV by robb=
ing broadcasters of their bandwidth and their future. And, the major backer=
s are CE folks, No?  And, the broadcasters become customers/victims?

People don't watch technology. People watch content.  People don't watch te=
chnology. People watch content.  People don't watch technology. People watc=
[...]
.  People don't watch technology. People watch content. =20

You only have technology, and you only have technology that isn't compatibl=
e with what broadcasters are doing now, your intent is to destroy their bus=
iness if they (wisely) won't listen to you.

Caveat emptor