[opendtv] This week on the Tech-Notes Road Show

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Open DTV list <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 22:35:56 -0700

Hi all:

This week the Taste of NAB 2007 Road Show begins its trek east as we begin in Phoenix and then Albuquerque. Because of the holiday, we'll only be doing two presentations, our eleventh and twelfth of fifty-five that are scheduled.

On Wednesday, May 30th, we'll be in Phoenix, AZ (SBE Chapter 9) at AVR for a noon presentation. This is our sixth year in Phoenix. For details (map etc.), please visit:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/11-Phoenix.htm

On Friday, we begin the month of June (on the 1st), with a stop in Albuquerque, NM (SBE Chapter 34) in the facilities of KNME-TV (PBS) for a noon meeting. This is our fourth time to do a presentation for this chapter and the broadcast engineers in the Albuquerque area. For details (map etc.), please visit:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/12-Albuquerque.htm

Each of the programs mentioned above will be the program for their respective Society of Broadcast Engineers Chapters. All Taste of NAB Road Show events, as well as SBE meetings, are open to any one with an interest in broadcasting, cable and related arts, and there is no charge to attend. Those who attend will be treated to not only some of the latest technology, but also to lunch and may possibly leave having won a door prize of value.

For a complete list of locations where the Taste of NAB 2007 Road show has gone (with pictures and door prize winners) and will be going, visit our Itinerary at: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/2007-Itinerary.htm. We hope to see you somewhere along the way. To see a map of this year's adventure look at:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/Maps/Venue%20Map%202007.JPG

*/_An additional note_/*: We'll be spending this coming weekend in the El Paso, TX area. When we're not doing presentations, we're kind of like on a busman's holiday; we like to visit broadcast and post facilities. This is all part our assistant, Jonathan Hasse's continuing education. Jonathan is a recent graduate of the University of Oregon's school of journalism in electronic media. This is an excellent opportunity for him to see all those things that were in the books and how things "really" work in the "real" world. The old coot who is with him kind of likes to see these things too :-) . If anyone wishes to contact us, please feel free to do so.

--

Larry Bloomfield - KA6UTC
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439