[opendtv] Thanks

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Open DTV list <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:34:14 -0700

Hi all

Now that the Tech-Notes Taste of NAB Road Show has finished for 2008, permit me to thank: this year's twenty-two sponsors for making it possible, the seventy-five SBE chapters that hosted the event, the local folks who assisted in making it all happen, the over 1900 folks who attended and last, but not least, to my assistant, Shawn Wixted, for putting up with me and the invaluable help he's rendered for the past six months on the road. I truly hope that those who attended found it worth their time and effort.

I'm truly sorry that Daimler-Chrysler is unable to make better quality parts and vehicles, specifically my big red Dodge Sprinter van, thus preventing me from presenting the technologies we had with us to the good folks in the Tri-Cities and Pullman areas of Washington state, not to mention the plethora of other problems and the very expensive headaches I've had with that vehicle over the past three years both in and out of warranty. Please don't ask me for any recommendations there as I could write a very long book of the horrors I've had to put up with it since I bought it just three years ago.

God willing, I will begin putting together next year's trek as soon as I've caught my breath. If any of you know of any improvements I can make for next year's presentations, please feel free to let me know - off list. Address any and all e-mail to RoadShow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:RoadShow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Oh! BTW: Happy Halloween.

--

* Larry Bloomfield* - /KA6UTC/
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439