[opendtv] Re: Tests

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:00:51 -0700

Since they match from a reception point of view, I should point out that
in my opinion at least under windows the Dvico comes out on the bottom,
because they idiotically serialize the driver install and software to
the card. Their directshow filters are also buggy as hell (if you can
even get at them, that is).

Ofcourse they may have changed this in the last few months.

The most stable directshow drivers I have used have been the MIT series
cards. They run reliably for extended periods of time and are easy to
interface against (including tuner data like signal strength).

Cheers
Kon