[opendtv] Re: TVNEWSDAY - The DTV Transition Is Over. Let's Party!

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:02:27 -0400

Met with Kennard three times before this decision. He seemed to be
very amused and curious about my enthusiasm for DVB-T and disdain of
8-VSB.

He canceled out or just didn't show up for a meeting with us in DC in
late 2000. We had Professor William F. Schreiber of MIT and Richard
Bogner in tow as I remember it. We sat with his assistant for an hour
while she did a poor job of showing any interest.

The first time I met him was at a law conference in New York and I
told him that I thought the FCC would have to change to something like
DVB-T sooner or later so they might as well take a better look at it
and test it now, to general laughter. That was September 1999. We
talked to him afterwards and he was very nice.

At the NAB in 2000 I was at the LPTV meeting and he attended and gave
a talk after I did. I was handing out something to the attendees
outside when he left and he, Bruce Franca and Keith Larson stopped and
talked for some time. They all took my handout which was a diatribe
against 8-VSB.

Very nice, again slightly amused and curious but a pure political animal.

Met him again while waiting for a meeting of a group at the FCC.

I am very aware that the Democrats are also guilty.

Bob Miller