[opendtv] Re: Smart Antenna Spread Sheet

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:33:06 -0700 (PDT)

Smart Antenna comparison spread sheet is found here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=13704996
I designed it for PRINTING, unlike the other counterparts.
I'll be doing an update in a week or so.

Currently, there is one and only one available Smart Antenna,
the Japanese DX Antenna DTA-5000 (which several "brand" names).

Antennas Direct, RCA, Terk, GE-Jasco, Broadcom/PauseTV, et. al.
have announced and/or demo'd Smart Antennas, but have not
yet released any:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=13721144

If you follow the links, you'll also find a post where I compared DTA-5000
OTA performance to a Silver Sensor, 4-Bay and 8-Bay antennas
using the Sylvania 6900DTE HD-STB.

I plan to do something similar with Converter Boxes....

holl_ands

John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Cue Richard Hollandsworth, the
keeper of the spreadsheet.