[opendtv] Re: Sling Media Slings Bull at Slingbox Faithful

  • From: Kon Wilms <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 20:33:56 -0700

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Monty Solomon <monty@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings.  Sling Media, purveyors of the popular "Slingbox" line
> of devices that stream home television or other video/audio sources
> over the Internet, have just slung a smelly slug of excrement at their
> loyal customers and fans.

Maybe it's just me - I never understood why people would buy into
vendor lock-in with a proprietary transport stream when the same stuff
can be had using open standards at better quality:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Analog_Digital+PVR/PCTV+To+Go+HD+Wireless.htm
or
http://www.myhava.com/products.html

Cheers