[opendtv] RV: Re: HiWire

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:38:03 -0700

Actally, Bert, the MediaFlo model includes several dozen audio-only
services, semi 'on-demand' a/v 'clip channels', etc in addition to the
traditional 'linear' a/v channels, all of which you need to factor into a
comparison between number of channels.

On the other hand, MediaFlo video is 12 or 15 fps outside of the core
reception zone, and their ability to layer that with 24 or 30 fps in the
core area takes some bandwidth.

"Resistance is futile" is a mantra on Star Trek, not a marketing phrase.
Using it or a corollary in a new medium is "imperial Hubris."  They'll be
serving homes, mostly.  The question is just how many.

John Willkie