[opendtv] Re: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: HD-SDI vs. SDI color code?

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:03:50 -0400

I'm getting a bunch of responses with yellow for SDI (established by CBS with the 1998 Winter Games) and purple/magenta/violet for HD-SDI (used in WRAL's HD truck at least as early as 1999).

TTFN,
Mark

ShLampen@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 10/18/2007 6:38:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    Do any of you use or know of any color code for differentiating
    SDI from
    HD-SDI cables, connectors, or patch points?  If so, what are the
    colors?

    Thanks!

    TTFN,
    Mark

I sent a survey around at HPA two years ago with the idea of establishing a "recommended" color code for HD installs. The use of colors was so chaotic and unpredictable, I gave up! The idea was to submit the list to SMPTE as an 'advisory' practice. Do you think I gave up too easily??? Steve Lampen
Belden