[opendtv] Re: (No To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:13:36 -0700

My personal experience with AntennaWeb is based upon coverage studies done
in central California?s Santa Barbara market and the results are universally
inaccurate for two reasons:

1. The terrain database has marginal resolution, which results in reception
predictions that are physically impossible. If one studies the terrain
profile using using Delorme?s Topo USA, or by simply referencing a topo map,
the prediction errors are obvious.

2. The software does not always correctly locate the receive location.
However, the latest version of the software does allow the user to correct
that error if they recognize it exists. However, correcting the receive
location does not improve the resolution issue, if it is in play for the
particular location.

The TVFool product was consistently more accurate for my particular studies.

Dale