[opendtv] Re: News: Freeview sales hit all-time high

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:12:29 -0400

At 2:07 PM -0400 3/12/08, John Golitsis wrote:
Says who?!

For the interpretly-impaired, "Freeview branded products" would include such things as TVs and DVD recorders with built-in Freeview tuners. I think you'd have a hard time proving that each and every one of those TVs was purchased by a person who FREELY and KNOWINGLY knew they were buying a Freeview *receiver*.

I suspect that the percentage of Brits that knew they were buying a TV with an integrated Freeview receiver is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the number of Americans who know that they new TV has an ATSC receiver in it.

Most of those Freeview receivers are actually being used.