[opendtv] Re: New approaches to television archiving

  • From: "Donald Koeleman" <donald.koeleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:12:28 +0100

Unfortunately, the site is very hard to navigate, even following the recent
redesign of both www.omroep.nl and www.uitzendinggemist.nl, it still is a
pain to find something. Quite often it is much better to go directly to the
show's website to see if they offer streams. Was away for an event hosted by
SBS (they will be launching a set of channels geared to iptv and digital
cable in q4, among other things), so I missed this week's episode of the
critically as well as populary acclaimed www.anderetijden.nl, aired on
tuesdaynight (regular reruns on saturday afternoons), so last night I
watched it on a small window on my pc screen.  The selection on offer is
still limited.

Donald
P.S. Looks like your former colleague has been working hard, just received
an announcement stating that DRM will now also be applicable for use up to
120 Mhz, as a result of cooperation with DAB.