[opendtv] Re: Mark's Monday Memo - off-air reception

  • From: "Mark O'Brien" <mobrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:01:07 -0400

They were only showing their E-VSB demo at the drafthouse.  That demo
had to be canned because it would require them to install their E-VSB
modulator at the TV station, which would require the station to
broadcast with a non-standard modulation system.  They are trying to get
it to become part of the standard.  They were not showing their 5
generations of VSB chips at the drafthouse, so no reason to do off-air.
Mark