[opendtv] Re: MPEG ASI over long distances

  • From: tsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:50:27 +1000

Mark

Sony have a MSB-2000 ASI to ATM/Ethernet, Contolware,
http://www.controlware.de/cwp/en/products/atm/cellace.shtml, make a range
of equipment that would do the trick. SA/Barco also have their Neon/Galaxy
rack range of network adaptors.

Terry Smith

             "Mark O'Brien"
             <mobrien@spectrar
             ep.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             opendtv-bounce@fr                                          cc
             eelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [opendtv] MPEG ASI over long
             30/11/2004 01:07          distances
             PM

             Please respond to
             opendtv@freelists
                   .org

I need to send an ASI stream between two TV stations in different markets.
I only need about a megabyte of bandwidth.  Lots of options exist to send
IP data this distance (T-1, for example).  Can anyone tell me what type of
connection I need to order to send MPEG data?  Would a frame relay circuit
work?

Can I use a T-1 line and encapsulate the MPEG into IP packets for
transmission, then strip the IP transport layer to get back to an MPEG
stream (kind of a reverse IP encapsulation)?  If so, what equipment do I
need on each end to do this?

Thanks,
Mark

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat

This message has been scanned for viruses by AUSTAR Communication's
antivirus and content checking applications.
Austar Communications

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com