[opendtv] Re: Looking for something

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "\"Larry Bloomfield\"" <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:28:07 -0500

I remember that!  A quick Google search came up with this:

The first lines of the poem go, ''Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of
Earth and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings.''

The poem was used in the late 1960s and '70s with film footage of the U.S.
Air Force as an inspirational sign-off by many TV stations.

That 2½-minute clip is now available on a High Flight compilation DVD. Also
included on the 30-minute DVD are folks such as Ronald Reagan, Russell
Crowe, John Glenn, Cliff Robertson and Orson Welles reciting all or parts of
the poem.

Cost is $25. Send check or money order to High Flight Productions, 2459 SE
T.V. Hwy. #353, Hillsboro, OR 97123 or go to www.highflightproductions.com/
for more information.