[opendtv] Re: Let them eat cake (and ATSC while they're at it)

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:53:35 -0500

John Shutt wrote:

> Doug,
>
> How would we be sacrificing the ability to deliver HD?  We currently
> broadcast HD in 12 Mbps, using 720p.

You would not sacrifice the ABILITY to do anything.

But we know that you really want to transmit as many crappy
SD channels as possible ... IF you can force cable carriage,
of course. Our local PBS station has actually said that,
in so many words. Of course, this presupposes they get on the
air before losing their license! "The encoders are ordered".
Well, I should hope so given how much warning of the
digital transmission they have had!!! I would have hoped
that they would have actually orderend them years ago!

Doug McDonald