[opendtv] Re: LEDs shine as replacement for lightbulb

  • From: "James Albro" <jalbro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:17:34 -0500

As I understand it, the mercury vapor discharge in the fluorescent lamp
produces UV light and the phosphors convert the UV to visible, white light.
For an LED system the UV light would be produced at the diode junction and
then converted to white light by phosphors, thus no mercury would be
required.

Jim