[opendtv] Re: I Want My HDTV

  • From: Don Moore <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:32:41 -0400

John Willkie wrote:
> The sponsor is EchoStar.  Supplying phony or even fraudulent data to courts
> and the FCC is par of the course for them -- they were caught in the Florida
> Federal Court case that CBS brought against them.

Out of curiosity, I went to the site the determine the accuracy of their
information.  They were right 80% - listing Sinclair's WXLV as not
available (which they are) and one out-of-market PBS listed. (8 out of
10 correct).

They failed to note that I can watch Raleigh, Charlotte and Roanoke
digital stations as well.

Anyway, I though enough to send them a quick note on their error.

Here's their response:

"Thank you for taking the time to visit www.iwantmyhdtv.com and for
sharing your comments. We encourage everyone who visits our site to take
a minute to send a letter to their Member of Congress telling them that
Congress should allow satellite providers to offer HDTV service
nationwide. Congress has the opportunity to act now as it considers
reauthorization of the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act. Click here
to send a letter to your member of Congress.

"The demand for HDTV and the response to www.iwantmyhdtv.com has been
significant. Unfortunately due to the volume of emails we are receiving,
it is not possible to respond to each email. If you have a question or
comment about your satellite service, we will forward your email to Dish
Network. In addition, we will review and address any questions or
concerns about data included on the website.

"Thank you for your interest in HDTV."

So write a letter to Congress, sign up for Dish Network; but anything
else, sorry, we don't have the time to read your email.

Thanks, Charlie.

Don Moore
Greensboro