[opendtv] HiWire

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 00:23:49 -0400

Aloha's "demonstration" is doing something similar to what Viacel
proposed to do.

http://rcrnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070925/FREE/70924019/1019

Of course when they bought their spectrum, CMA's, they were thinking
of wireless Internet and laughed at our suggestion that they would
change their minds to broadcasting which they have now done.

The EAG's that Qualcomm bought, Channel 55, is what we wanted.
Ubiquitous mobile/fixed reception of these channels above 51 will
generate a rebirth of broadcast OTA TV.

Qualcomm is wrong to concentrate on cellphones, small screens and
subscription service while HiWire is using the wrong modulation and
business plan but in the end all these channels will be used for a
form of OTA DTV and will be wildly successful when someone finally
does it right.

Bob Miller