[opendtv] Re: Google TV

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:57:03 -0500

Example: does an "open Internet" mean that all of my personal information should be made available to everyone? No, of course. It means that if I write something intended for public consumption, then a third party should not censure what I wrote.

Does use of the Internet mean that everything should be free?

Of course not. Obviously MANY Internet portals are there for e-commerce.

The problem comes when all users are not treated the same.

Hulu and Fox have no problem with your use of a PC to watch their FREE content. But they DO HAVE a big problem with a Google enabled TV viewing the same content.

This is not only discriminatory, but anti competitive.