[opendtv] Goodbye Bubbles

  • From: Bill Hogan <billhogan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, OpenDTV <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 01:06:19 -0700

Mark Schubin:

My condolences to you and all the others including us that Beverly Sills has
touched
for so many years.  You have worked at her organizations for so many years
that you certainly had direct and indirect contact with her.

A great Admiration by Charlie Rose Wednesday evening.

An excerpt from this story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19583214/site/newsweek/

Sills always said that she had a love affair with her audience, and she did. She ended her recitals with a folk song that she learned, at 10, from her teacher. “Time has come for me to leave you, ‘tis the moment for good-byes,” she sang. “You’ll be forever in my heart.” To which anyone who ever had the good luck to hear her can only say, right back at you, Beverly.

Some clips for her singing: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12318129/site/newsweek/?bclid=1078647153

Regards, Bill Hogan