[opendtv] Re: Freesat: 'Final piece in the digital jigsaw'

  • From: "Alan Roberts" <roberts.mugswell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 22:56:31 +0100

It's notable that dishes sprout out of the walls of large, inner city, blocks of flats, but in the leafy suburbs, you see hardly any. Get out into the countryside and they're about as common as hens' teeth.

Incidentally, I've not really been away, it's just that at least 99% of what you talk about here is irrelevant to me, so I monitor only occasionally, that's all. Now that Freesat's opening up, that may change. I'm pretty busy these days, even though I retired 4 years ago. I still do the BBC's camera assessments for HD, and supply the "BBC settings" documents, and am fairly fully occupied with training these days (two recent courses in Belfast, more coming up, plus some in Scotland unless I'm much mistaken) and have been talking to manufacturers about camera design. Of course, you wouldn't expect me to tell you about any of that :-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>