[opendtv] Re: Dolly Parton enters 'white space' debate

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:53:24 -0400

John Shutt posted:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10077742-94.html

Wireless mikes are especially vulnerable, because I don't think
geo-location would identify their locations (although possibly it could,
in major venues like churches or sports arenas), and also because any
auto-sensing of them would not have a prayer of working reliably, I
don't think.

Google, for one, insisting they want this space, after having horribly
botched up their logic when initially justifying the idea, is
unbecoming. I wonder if the FCC can see Google's shameless self-interest
in this.

Limit them to Ch 2-6. Or, FCC, tell your employers (that's we the
people) that you're phasing out OTA TV.