[opendtv] Re: DTV Transition Knocks Down TV Penetration

  • From: Michael Enright <michael.enright@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 15:07:36 -0700

Does Neilsen always have to revise downwards when integrating census
data? That would point to a systematic problem in Neilsen's TV
penetration numbers that would have nothing whatsoever to do with
plausible-sounding excuses. Instead of trying to make it sound like
census integration illuminated some new factors influencing TV
penetration, maybe the real answer is "we always over-estimate TV
penetration slightly and we welcome integrating our frequently-updated
data with the extremely broad and accurate, but
not-so-frequently-updated census data."