[opendtv] Re: Comcast ruling puts broadband plan in limbo

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:41:09 -0400

At 1:05 AM -0400 4/11/10, Richard C. Ramsden wrote:
When the FCC does something about wireless broadband rates, which they are required to regulate, I'll be interested in them looking into cable. They are pathetic. They can't keep the house they are required to maintain. God forbid they get more to foul up.

Internet neutrality is a myth. It has never existed, except is some deluded minds.
Can we please move on?

Seems like this is something that the marketplace should decide. If a broadband service provider tries to impose too many restrictions, another provider may step in with a more competitive offering.

Sadly, the government is the big winner (and hence we are all losers) as they sell a very important public resource (spectrum) to the highest bidders. Yet another hidden tax that causes the cost of service to be significantly higher than necessary...

Whatever happened to the idea of unlicensed spectrum?