[opendtv] Re: 6th generation

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:56:11 -0500

I found the other story on the site more interesting.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200612/200612280031.html

Fuel cells that can power a laptop for a month.

With 8-VSB everything is perfect until the next generation. I still
recall with affection the Westchester dealer, a person called Robert,
who claimed that 8-VSB worked just fine on AVSForum until he tested a
5th gen LG integrated HDTV upon which he declared that he could now
receiver OTA DTV in his store, something he had never been able to do
before.

On AVSForum the same people who claimed 8-VSB the greatest also owned
the most receivers and seemed to always be waiting for the next one.
The one that would work.

Bob Miller

On 12/29/06, Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200612/200612280032.html

Makes one wonder why, if the 5th generation is perfect, there's a need
for 30% better reception performance.

TTFN,
Mark