[opendtv] Re: 3D TV

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:08:29 -0400

Tom McMahon posted:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/33787/3dtv-europeans-slow-on-uptake and

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/32942/slow-uptake-for-3d-tv

The wording of these articles is very reminiscent of the poo-pooing we heard
about HDTV, early on. (And of course, we all know some of that negativism kept
on coming, way after it had become clearly non-credible.)

Very few sets sold. Very little content available. Same-o same-o. So it makes
it very difficult to take these early returns on 3DTV too seriously as well.

My suspicion is that 3D will not turn out as wide screen HD did, i.e. that it
will not become the standard.