[opendtv] Re: 20050720 Wolfsson's Wednesday Words (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: Dave Bittner <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:30:18 -0400

On Jul 21, 2005, at 6:46 PM, Kon Wilms wrote:

> I called Directv about this comedy show, and they told me they really
> didn't care and this really wasn't their problem.

My first installation guy was rude and disrespectful to my wife, and
overall did a poor job with the installation. The second gut they
sent out was the complete opposite, professional and very
knowledgeable. He did a great job. Contrary to Kon's experience, we
found DirecTV to be very interested and apologetic about our initial
experience, and they followed up to make sure they second guy did a
good job. Overall, it was a good save.

Which reminds me of a story the head of one of the major hotel chains
told. They were doing customer service reviews, and discovered that
they got higher rating from customers if they responded well to a
problem in the customers hotel room than if there was no problem in
the room at all. He joked that they should have started a policy of
having everyone's TV disconnected from the cable so they could come
in a fix it, upping their customer service ratings.

Dave Bittner - Pixel Workshop Inc.
www.pixelworkshop.com
410.381.8555