[opendtv] Re: 20050307 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:05:11 -0500

Though the Australian site does not list it Legend has introduced an SD
receiver for $99 OZ or $78 US.

Compare to LG's promise to make converter 8-VSB STB's in 2007 if they
can get a single 10's of millions order. No sales, marketing or
distribution expense and still $100. I wonder what a Legend would cost
if stripped of all that peripheral cost? I wonder what the lowest cost
receiver in the UK would cost stripped of these cost? There was one on
sale for 20 Pounds before Christmas which was $35 then and $38 now.

Bob Miller