[openbeosstorage] Problems with ResourceFile

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Storage" <openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:12:49 +0100 CET

Hi there,

when running a few apps on Haiku natively, I get frequent crashes
somewhere in the private ResourceFile class. It doesn't happen all the
time, though, sometimes it runs through without any problems (the
"translate" command). The error goes away (of course), when I remove
the BAppFileInfo construction in the BApplication constructor.

When I start the media_server, the media_addon_server always crashes in
that class - obviously because it's using the resources beyond the
BApplication constructor (commenting out BAppFileInfo doesn't help
there).

I am not sure if this class is to blame as it looks correct, but
something seems to be broken. Has it been tested with MALLOC_DEBUG
turned on already?

Bye,
   Axel.