[openbeosnetteam] Re: porting FreeBSD's new netstack

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:22:18 +0200

Lars Hansson wrote:

I would not because I do not NDIS will run as fast and as stable as a native driver. But if I already have the card, I will be happy with a temporary solution.

I can certainly see that there's a need for the NDIS wrapper but I dont
think it should be part of the core Haiku source.
It is something that the Haiku-based distros can add at their leasure.

Okay, that is an acceptable solution.
NDIS support will become a separate SourceForge project and we will not support it publicly (although, our devs maintain it ;). The tools for converting a driver will be command-line and hard-to-use (on purpose!!!). ;)
The BeNDIS project will be the last chance for BeOS users to get their card working. Normal users will not want to mess with cmd-line apps (until someone does not want to support the boycott and writes a nice GUI).

Bye,
Waldemar