[openbeosnetteam] Re: Feature request

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:10:59 +0100

"Axel z^ <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> When doing the TCP stuff, please implement
>> Path MTU discovery as is described in RFC 1191,
>> or at least make it possible to set MTU and MRU.
>At least you're early enough that we can't say it'd be too late ;-)
>I've just downloaded it.

Yeah, I noticed that it's more located to IP and ICMP, but anyway, it
would be a benefit for T-DSL in Germany.

I just patched the BeOs R5 net_server to use a smaller MTU than
it's default, since T-DSL requires it to be smaller than or equal 1492 bytes.

net_server used 1500 as default, and uploads
(ftp, beshare, smtp, dcc) would not work.

See also: http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/cg_pmtu2.html

regards
Marcus