[openbeosmediakit] Re: Running the new media servers

  • From: "Marcus" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:28:38 +0200

David McPaul <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Heya,
>
>Some questions.
>
>I have a read only copy of the source and I can compile the code ok.  But I
>seem to be at a loss as to how to get it to run.  I kill off the current
>media_server and media_addon_server and from the command line run the new
>media_server which exits immediately.
>
>Is there something I have to do to make it run?
Yes, it is possible to get it working. All applications (like the servers and
the test program)
need to have a copy of our libmedia.so in a subfolder called "lib" in their
working directory.
Just do this:

makte a test directory
copy media_server, media_addon_server and the NodeTest app into the test dir.
inside the test dir, create a "lib" directory, and copy libmedioa.so into it
open three terminals, cd to the test dir.
Then start
1. media_server
2. media_addon_server
3. NodeTest