[openbeosmediakit] Re: Jam/Linker error

  • From: Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 15:50:20 +0100 (CET)

> Heya,
>
> I think I am missing something in my jam file.

Yes, due to the recent changes, the Jamfiles for the
reader tests are broken

> MediaMetaData.cpp:143: undefined reference to
> `_get_format_for_description(media_format *, _media_format_description
> const &)'
>
> I presume I am missing the media library to link against.

Yes, the problem is that you need to link to the R5 library, which doesn't
contain
_get_format_for_description.  You need to add an empty
_get_format_for_description
funtion to the test application that returns B_OK. The format returned isn't
used
by the test application anyway.

I'm going to fix wav and mp3 reader test, too.

BTW, the mp3 codec and reader are already working with MediaPlayer :-)

Marcus