[openbeos-midi] Re: always problem with CVS

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 21:58:12 +0200 (added by postmaster@wanadoo.fr)

> Hi
> I have undertand how to get all file of midi=3D5Fkit from CVS but I
can't
> create a new directory for midi=3D5Fplayer=3D5Freplacement. I write this
>
> $ cvs add midi=3D5Fkit/source/tests/midi=3D5Fplayer=3D5Freplacement/
> jerl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's password:
>
> and the answer is :
>
> cvs add: in directory .:
> cvs [add aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout' first
>
> an Idea to correct this

Did you try from the parent directory instead=3F
$ cd midi=5Fkit/source/tests
$ cvs -z3 add midi=5Fplayer=5Freplacement

Don't forget to specify the -z3 option.

Or you may have this strange bug of cvs version 1.11.x which simply
ignore the first *path* argument.

-Philippe, who don't like cvs too, but whatever...

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

You can measure a programmer's perspective by noting his attitude on
the continuing viability of FORTRAN.
                -- Alan Perlis