[openbeos-midi] Re: 2nd Version

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:40:04 +0100 (CET)

Jerome wrote:
> I don't know this is the answer of your problem but VirtualMidi
> create device in /dev/midi/* or just create BMidiEndPoint,

VirtualMidi is a kernel driver that publish 8 virtual (aka loopback)
/dev/midi/virtual/[0-7] entries. He should act like any other /dev/midi/*
device or I hope so at least.
However, VirtualMidi exists because the MidiKit1
can't share midi endpoints between apps. Since MidiKit2 support this feature,
it's no more that usefull. Except for midi device-less system.

-Philippe