[omahaphpusers] Re: configuring Apache for PHP

  • From: CM Miller <cmmiller1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: omahaphpusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:39:06 -0700 (PDT)

Straight from my httpd.conf file

I had to comment it out because when running
apahcectl, it outputs that php is already loaded?!!?

# Added 5/5/03 because Phoenix will not run php
files?!!?

# AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4

I also have this for a load module part in httpd.conf

# LoadModule php4_module
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp4.so

My php.ini files shows this as well:

; Enable the PHP scripting language engine under
Apache.
engine = On

I have no idea and I have exhausted pretty much all
resources online trying to figure this out.

-Chris

--- Mat Caughron <mat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris:
>
> Are the following in your httpd.conf or one of the
> files it sources?
>
> DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> Once you've added these, you'll want to do an
> `apachectl restart` to catch
> these new directives.
>

> Mat
>

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, CM Miller wrote:
> >
> > Is anyone using PHP with RH 8.0?
> >
> > Is anyone else having this problem?
> >
> > The rpm that I apt-get is php-4.2.2-8.0.7, and
> when I
> > view a php file thru a browser, it only appears as
> the
> > text that I have created. I've created the proper
> > entries under httpd.conf for php, but it still
> does
> > not work.
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?
> >
> > When I get the time, I will uninstall it and
> install
> > all source files for httpd, perl, mysql, and php,
> but
> > right now it is not at the top of my list of
> things to
> > do.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > -Chris