[olofsonprojects] Re: SDL_putenv patch

  • From: David Olofson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: olofsonprojects@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:23:07 +0100

On Sunday 10 February 2008, Robert Schuster wrote:
> Hi David,
> attached is a small patch that fixes the built on devices where the
> SDL implementation lacks SDL_putenv. It tries to use the C library's
> putenv instead.

I wasn't even aware that SDL_putenv() could be missing...! As I
remember it, there's a fallback implementation that just keeps
the "variables" internally for things like this. Oh, well.

> If even that is not available it bails out.

This window centering feature isn't critical, is only implemented on
one or two platforms, and doesn't even work as intended on the
platforms that are supposed to support it.

I believe the proper "bail out" behavior would be to just drop
the "centered" request alltogether.

I'm going to apply the patch minus the #error statement, unless you
have any objections. :-)

Thanks,

.-------  http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples  -------.
|        http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine       |