[ola] woowww!

  • From: Darcy Rogers <rogersdr25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:05:26 -0700 (PDT)

I just had the coolest experience and had to share!!!! I was walking down the
hall, and then I suddenly heard Spanish: Tess's students were working on a
presentation, with props, of some sorts, and were staying in Spanish-in the
hallways-preparing for it! Then I walked in to Bre's room and saw an activity
where students were working in groups to describe the game they had just
played, then in the next class, she initiated a conversation where students
were communicating and discussing about a situation she posed, then I went in
to Kate's room and they were doing an activity where they were asking questions
and talking with different students about a prompt she gave.
In ALL of these classrooms, students were engaged, involved, and staying in
Spanish (no matter what it took!) to communicate. It was SO COOL!!!! This is
amazing what is happening :)
I wish I could get in to other classes around the valley!! I can't stress
enough the value of getting into each others classes and spending even just a
few minutes to see what others are doing :) Y'ALL ARE AMAZING!!!
abrazos!!!!