[ola] Testimonial!

  • From: Tess Siemer <tess.siemer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 08:00:12 -0800

Hi All-
  I know that you rarely hear from me (I do read all of the emails though
and want to thank everyone for sharing all the different things they
share!) but I wanted to share a testimonial with you from one of my
students yesterday.  Pasted below is her email to me - it was one of those
things that makes you step back from the day-to-day hustle and bustle of
grading, planning, pouring over research to be the best instructor you can
be and realize that WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE in tons of lives, every
day.  And for that, I am grateful, grateful to have the opportunity to be a
teacher and work with students who touch my life just as much as I touch
theirs.

*I wanted to let you know the reason I am not remaining in Spanish is due
to my job. But I have a story for you on that...I got the job because I can
talk with the Spanish cooks well enough to understand me and me understand
them. During my interview my manager asked me to say a couple sentences in
Español and he immediately said "you're hired!" so thanks for doing such a
great job with me. Spanish is not just a class I took but it was a great
experience and I'm glad I have the opportunity to apply it in my life.
 *~Jordan,
BIS Senior, Spanish 3B

~Tess

PS - A related cool story is that one of my other seniors approached me
last week and told me that the Spanish internship I set up for him last
year helped him land a $500 college scholarship through the Central Point
Cultural Foundation.  These are the stories that keep me going!