[ola] Seattle/Tacoma PD

  • From: ALISSA FARIAS <AFARIAS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 18:01:34 +0000

Hi all! I teach Spanish at Lincoln HS in Tacoma and am writing this to reach
out to other foreign language teachers and ELL teachers around the Tacoma area.
I wanted to share a great professional development opportunity that we can all
enjoy together across districts. A few teachers and I are looking into putting
together an Organic World Language (OWL) training workshop around the end of
summer or early fall. For those that are new to OWL, here is a link to a video
to get to know it and their website.
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/OWLanguage
Website: http://www.owlanguage.com/

You do not have to be an OWL teacher to participate. You may become one when
you are done though!! I really enjoy what I have gained from OWL and have seen
positive growth in my students. Because of the positive growth and increased
use of the target language in my classroom, we'd like to learn more and bring
more great strategies to the classroom. Please feel free to contact me with any
questions you may have.

If you are interested, please take this VERY short survey by May 1st
(https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JSP7BP3).

Please forward this email to anyone in/near the Tacoma area who might be
interested as this is not a Tacoma School District (TSD) only Professional
Development (PD). It is open to all who want to attend!!

Alissa Farias, MA, NB
Lincoln High School
253.571.6766
AFarias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:AFarias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>