[ola] Re: PLC strategies and advice

  • From: Eliza Pfeifer <epfeifer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 10:54:39 -0700

Warren! You have out done us all!

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Warren Billings <
wbillings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jody!

I wrote a couple versions of an Error Analysis Protocol that we do the day
after a summative. I have two versions, one is with a partner and one is in
a circle. There is data collected there with number of words, errors, and
kinds of errors made.

El Análisis de Errores Hermosos
<https://docs.google.com/a/pittsfieldnhschools.org/document/d/1kPzXNx9vn14TMI6211gM4hCLjpfIidL0MusIPEaLPic/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
Análisis de Errores en Círculo
<https://docs.google.com/a/pittsfieldnhschools.org/document/d/1au7hcJg0Xx9QrVVrDXBQRvwPK4yI8khq4bU0rJMaz5s/edit?usp=drive_web>

We also write SMART goals a few times a year. Usually based on choices
made in class. Sometimes based on academic proficiency.

Metas de Decisiones
<https://docs.google.com/a/pittsfieldnhschools.org/document/d/1QxsjW7dBe6V5LWDuIoaqSfqYwOOixL8KSZBFkaJqEgk/edit?usp=drive_web>

Another kind of data collection I have is the Spanish profile, where we
keep track of our formative and summative work in competency rubrics. The
students own these and update them. I look at them when I'm grading. I have
the L2 rubrics and I translated one rubric to L1. *The Level I, C.3
Rubric is the most updated version. *

Mi Perfil Español
<https://docs.google.com/a/pittsfieldnhschools.org/document/d/17hAdUAUE5V-Zn2ZUzNe0SMW8_UZt2puVlWuB7lTkPZA/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​​​
[Template] Esp. III, C.3 Evidencia Sumativa - JDoe
<https://docs.google.com/a/pittsfieldnhschools.org/document/d/1_TS4g_7N0_iIIITiH9n_fVxHfeB4QPH7dhifP9iPIY8/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
Esp. II, C.3 Evidencia Sumativa - JDoe
<https://docs.google.com/a/pittsfieldnhschools.org/document/d/1WouNywjKjLm9miPwzbeVBFXv8NNfDM5Rq30oxs7oqm8/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
Copy of Esp. I, C.3 Evidencia Sumativa - JDoe
<https://docs.google.com/a/pittsfieldnhschools.org/document/d/1endJ-4p3GpOQ2D8VdH3D-CleYwM4sU8u3_Rdywc4gPc/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
World Cultures, C.3, Rúbrica
<https://docs.google.com/a/pittsfieldnhschools.org/document/d/1NOdn2yiLtJCjJ0csNjsB9VAPXOeb4hz5xRAmo7Poz0Q/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
Level I, C.3 Rubric
<https://docs.google.com/a/pittsfieldnhschools.org/document/d/1B08zFWVVtHJD4R6n_1O56rCegAOoxBz3-MCiMCWFcVI/edit?usp=drive_web>

In those rubrics the students decide which indicator they think their work
meets. That way they can spread it out to hit every indicator and earn
credit early or hit an indicator multiple times for a higher grade. That's
a kind of data, a measurement of completion.

Another required data collection here at Pittsfield is the Progression of
Support. That's where I record observation and family contact for students
who are making bad choices in class or are failing multiple competencies. ​​

Another form of data collection is the English Diary where students write
a letter talking about their feelings in class and I write back to them.
It's in L2, L1, or both.

Carta de Reflección
<https://docs.google.com/a/pittsfieldnhschools.org/document/d/1m55qrjtBfR1LdKnr1c5qBKKYe9wDcSvlW4X3lWr50zI/edit?usp=drive_web>

Have a great day!
Warren

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 6:17 PM, Jody Soberon <jodyso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Dear friends,

Instructions for us this afternoon from admin are that teachers

"meet in their PLC groups to discuss current student data and strategies
for helping students succeed during the final stretch of the semester. "

Since my only PLC group is you all and I have no one to meet with, how
are you assessing data and or determining strategies.

Needing ideas, thank you in advance

Jody
--
Jody Soberon
World Languages/Spanish

--
Warren Billings
Spanish Teacher

--

Eliza Pfeifer

Spanish Instructor | St. Mary’s Academy

4545 S. University Blvd., Englewood, CO 80113

303.762.8300 x 393 | fax: 303.783.6201 | epfeifer@ <jwimbish@xxxxxxxxxx>
stmarys.academy