[ola] Looking for a Long Term Spanish Teacher Sub

  • From: Rebecca Rice <rrice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 08:59:27 -0500

Hola OWL Community!

I will be going on maternity leave starting in mid-April ending June 15th
(or end of the school year) and we are seeking a sub to teach the following
classes at Four Rivers Charter Public School in Greenfield, Massachusetts:

2 sections of 8th grade Spanish (Spanish 1B)
1 section of 9th grade Spanish (Spanish 2)
1 section of 11th grade Spanish (Spanish 4)
1 section of 12th grade Spanish (Spanish 5)

We will be formally posting the job in under a month or so, but I wanted to
put out feelers on the OWL list serve to see if there were any bites. We
are an Expeditionary Learning School, though I've been implementing OWL
practices here for about 2 years. Below is a description of the school.

Please e-mail me, Rebecca Rice, off list if you have any interest or know
of anyone that might be good for the position.

Thank you!
Rebecca Rice
rrice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SCHOOL OVERVIEW

   - College preparatory and affiliated with Expeditionary Learning.
   - Clear mission - to educate young people for lives of learning and
   service.
   - 200 students in grades 7-12, entering its ninth year of operations.
   - Old enough to know what we're doing and young enough not to be set in
   our ways.
   - Teachers work closely with their colleagues, developing curriculum and
   helping shape the culture of the school in accordance with the school's
   mission and Expeditionary Learning methods of challenging, project-based
   learning.

------------------------------
*General Qualifications:*

   - Genuine interest in and connection with adolescents.
   - Personal qualities that exemplify the school's emphasis on character
   development and community
   - Appreciation for the Expeditionary Learning (EL) design model --
   commitment to develop curriculum and implement EL core practices, including
   in-depth learning expeditions.
   - Experience, training and interest in teaching a range of abilities in
   heterogeneously classes � background in differentiated instruction would be
   a significant asset.
   - Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to teamwork, and readiness to
   reflect and grow.
   - Energy, flexibility, and sense of adventure required to work hard in a
   young school..
   - Strong subject area background. Highly qualified or ready to get
   qualified. Experience preferred.
   - Enthusiasm for the school's mission and its themes of nature,
   technology and community and understanding of the school's responsibilities
   as a charter public school.