[ola] Re: Literacy Activity

  • From: JoAnna Coleman <joannac@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 19:08:47 +0000

?This looks like  a great site, thanks!

JoAnna Coleman
Spanish Teacher
Wilson High School
503-916-5280 ext. 75231
joannac@xxxxxxx
http://profecoleman.wordpress.com/

________________________________
From: ola-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <ola-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Ashley
Uyaguari <auyaguari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 11:42 AM
To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ola] Literacy Activity

Today I just printed off five random articles from NULU.com and made a class
copy of each. I separated the students into five groups based on interest in
the topic with a leader for each group.

Groups were supposed to read the article, describe what they understand and
then create five questions about the article. One about vocabulary in context,
and one that asked for deeper thought.

Then groups rotated to each article and read them together. They answered the
questions that had been created.

It was an interesting way to do some reading, focus in on questions that they
thought were interesting and grow our vocab list a bit.

This was for NH/IL group.

--
Ashley Uyaguari

Spanish Teacher 6/7/8
Team Curriculum Coordinator
Innovation Academy Charter School
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
978-649-0432 x3301

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete immediately
without reading or forwarding to others.