[ola] Listening resource

  • From: Thomas Hinkle <thinkle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 20:03:10 -0500

So, it feels incredible that I haven't found this resource before, but it
occurred to me that some of you might also be eternally looking for good
sources of recorded speech with native speakers broken down by level, so I
thought I'd share: http://www.audio-lingua.eu/

The site has a wide range of accents and levels in a variety of languages.

The levels are expressed using CEFR, a European system I'd never heard of,
but wikipedia came to the rescue with translations (although apparently
there's a fair bit of disagreement on how to translate between the CEFR
levels and the ACTFL ones):
CEFRILRACTFLA10/0+NL, NM, NHA21IL, IMB11+IHB22/2+AL, AM, AHC13/3+SC24/4+D
Here are some quick links to give you an idea of what's available in
Spanish:
A1<http://www.audio-lingua.eu/spip.php?page=rechercheavancee&avancee=1&lang=en&id_rubrique=4&mot2=11&mot3=29&mot4=26&mot5=27&tri=date#en-4-10-29-26-27>
A2<http://www.audio-lingua.eu/spip.php?page=rechercheavancee&avancee=1&lang=en&id_rubrique=4&mot2=11&mot3=29&mot4=26&mot5=27&tri=date#en-4-11-29-26-27>
B1<http://www.audio-lingua.eu/spip.php?page=rechercheavancee&avancee=1&lang=en&id_rubrique=4&mot2=11&mot3=29&mot4=26&mot5=27&tri=date#en-4-12-29-26-27>
B2<http://www.audio-lingua.eu/spip.php?page=rechercheavancee&avancee=1&lang=en&id_rubrique=4&mot2=11&mot3=29&mot4=26&mot5=27&tri=date#en-4-13-29-26-27>
C1<http://www.audio-lingua.eu/spip.php?page=rechercheavancee&avancee=1&lang=en&id_rubrique=4&mot2=14&mot3=29&mot4=26&mot5=27&tri=date>

Tom

--
Thomas Hinkle
English & Spanish Department Coordinator