[ola] RE: El Lorax en español

  • From: "Young, Lisa" <lyoung@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 22:00:36 +0000

!Gracias Tracy!  !Que divertodo!  :)

________________________________
From: ola-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ola-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Tracy Patterson
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:21 AM
To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ola] El Lorax en español

Hi everyone,
Tomorrow is Dr. Seuss' Birthday and March is Reading month. As some of you
know, I am a HUGE Dr. Seuss fan.
Any how, here are some links to the Lorax movie trailers in three different
kinds of Spanish. If you have the book, I highly recommend reading it this
month. It is about environmentalism. Yes! It is a kids book and it is all
written in rhyme. It is available in Spanish, too! I have done it every year
and the topics that come out of it are "sin fin"!!!
Trailer with subtitles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=nHTDxOidRco

Trailer: latino Spanish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4SO6BUuUUg&feature=related

Trailer: latino 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpH7Un7_oYU&feature=related

There is also a great castellano version. Would be great for the heritage kids
to hear and make comparisons :)

Dr. Seuss has so many great books translated to Spanish that bring up so many
great conversation topics. One that is not in Spanish is the Butter battle
book. It is about the cold war, the arms race, mutually assured destruction and
war in general. It would be easy for you to translate  the essence of it as you
read it and showed the pictures, though!!
So many good books!!!

Ciao!

Tracy Patterson
Profesora de español
North Medford High School
"El respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz."  Benito Juárez
1900 N. Keene Way Drive
Medford, OR 97504
541-842-1249