[ola] Coming Out of The Shadows

  • From: Franky Stebbins <stebbins.mf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 06:55:31 -0800

Hola folks:

In case any of you are interested or want to concoct some sort of
discussion/activity around this, i thought I'd share.
Today in Chicago is the kick-off of what is considered National Coming Out
of the Shadows week for undocumented students (high school & college).
They have several events planned throughout the next week. Many immigration
reform groups have just completed a long march to Alabama to bring
attention to some of the anti-immigrant legislation there.
So, lots going on!
If you are interested, there are two links below that I pulled from the
web. The first is a "action packet" from the National Immigrant Youth
Justice League. It talks about different ways to get involved/step out.
 The second is an article about local Chicago students/former students
written by Northwestern U's Journalism paper with brief interviews of
students.  And the third is en espanol. Check it out if interested,
disregard if not! And, if you've heard of anything going on in Oregon, I'd
love to know about it.

peace,
fs

http://theniya.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Coming_Out_Guide.pdf