[oema] US Smokeless Ends Operation Ranger Grant

  • From: "Derek White" <Derek.White@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Derek White" <Derek.White@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:34:58 -0800

US Smokeless Tobacco has decided to end its popular Operation Ranger ATV
Grant program, at least for now. I am sad to see such a valuable program
end. I was fortunate to be involved with a successful application in the
past and found it to be a great grant opportunity.

Derek White
Columbia County Emergency Management

+++++++++++++

USSTC News

USSTC actively embraces its commitment to be a responsible corporate
citizen and we are proud of our record of community service.  Our
Operation Ranger program is an example of how we have provided support
to communities across the country.

From its launch in 2002, the Operation Ranger program enabled USSTC to
recognize the service of our nation’s emergency responders by awarding
rugged, off-road utility vehicles that enhance emergency response
capability at the community level.  By 2010, we had awarded nearly 500
vehicles across all 50 states.

While we are extremely proud of Operation Ranger’s success, we have
decided not to offer the program in 2011 and to focus our investment in
other areas of community need.

We gratefully acknowledge the significant efforts of our nation’s first
responders and the assistance of Polaris Industries, Gifts In Kind
International, the National Volunteer Fire Council and the many vehicle
recipient agencies that have helped us shape this program.