[oema] Re: Fwd: BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

  • From: "Derek White" <Derek.White@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 12:25:17 -0800

Anyone else getting calls about an EAS activation sent out to users of MyStateUSA.com? Apparently this is a test from DHS that no one knows about, but as you can see from the message copies at the bottom there is confusion for cell phone users. I have also posted correspondence with MyStateUSA.com staff, which did a great job getting back to me quickly and explaining the situation.

Derek White
Columbia County Emergency Management

>>> "Brenn Bitner" <brenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 3/9/2010 12:14 PM >>>

Derek,

I apologize for the issue.  Just to let you know this was not something that was initiated by MyStateUSA.  This came out of DHS through Hazcollect who then utilized the NOAA weatherwire system to distribute the information out.  We had no idea that they were running a test and when it came through weatherwire it initiated as an emergency message from NOAA.  We are working on how to stop the next test but as I said this was DHS first test of this system and did not inform anyone of it.

Thanks

Brenn Bitner

MyStateUSA

CAO/Business Manager

brenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Office: (208) 639-2261

Cell: (208) 369-3651

800 line:  1-877-840-2041

 MyState Admin Region Logo                                                                                              AlertSenseLogo-590x222-Transparent

The information contained in this email is legally privileged and includes confidential information as it is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If the recipient of this email is not the addressee(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please immediately notify us by email or telephone and destroy any email received. Thank you.